|T O P I C R E V I E W
||Posted - 27 Jun 2017 : 23:21:21
Here are the brief results from the 24th Annual Nostalgia Nationals at Shakey last weekend, 24th & 25th June.
The Wild Bunch had a grand total of 25 teams participating in the event and it was a great weekend! Saturday was dry all day, though there were a few oildowns and stoppages. Sunday started well, though there were about 3 short rain delays and a couple of incidents. The track crews worked hard again and we completed 3 rounds of competition. Huge thanks to all the marshals and officials and everyone at Shakey for all their hard work again this weekend!
Here are the results:
1st Place: Keith Crampton in “Soul Town Shaker” .021 average
2nd Place: Mark Coulsell in “Ballbreaker” .039 average
3rd Place: Terry Clifford in “Ratcatcher Resurrection” .049 average
4th Place: Andy Murphy in “B-Sting” .062 average
Here are the Spot Prizes that were awarded:-
Closest to Dial-in: Keith Crampton in “Soul Town Shaker” .003 off
Most Improved E.T.: Chris Manning in “The Villain” 2.421 second improvement (!)
Best Reaction: Andy Stones in “Stoned” .091
Best Slingshot: Darryl Howells in “Chemical Reaction”
Best Altered: Callum Swinchatt in “Przym Altered”
Best Burnout: Matt Fuller in “Oblivion”
Best Engineered: Alan Lloyd in “Gonzo the Great”
Best Appearing Team: Team Limited Funz “Ballbreaker”
Wildest Ride: Chris Manning in “The Villain”
NSRA Prize for the “Quickest Wild Bunch”: Chris Manning in “The Villain” 8.109
And the large number of PB’s were:
Lee Hartnell in “Metal Mistress” 11.635 / 121.17 (first time over 120mph!)
Philippa Turton in “Bitchcraft” 106.56 mph
Gina Durrant in “Tiki Munki” 10.419 / 131.69 (first 10’s at over 130mph!)
Ian Coulsell in “Adventure before Dementia” 12.734 (first 12!)
Steve Bingham in “Sneaky Blinder” 12.810 / 102.46 (first 12’s at over 100mph!)
Neil Ward in “Andromeda! 8.623 / 151.58
Callum Swinchatt in “Przym Altered” 9.998 / 133.10 (first ever 9 and over 130mph!!)
Chris Manning in “The Villain” 8.109 / 170.27 (first ever 8 and over 170mph!!)
Darryl Howells in “Chemical Reaction” 8.578 / 157.12
Matt Fuller in “Oblivion” 9.987 / 136.39 (first ever 9!)
Tom Davis in “T.D.’s Slingshot” 13.796 / 100.85 (first 13’s at over 100mph!
Big Congratulations to all these teams on their achievements!!
(Please shout out if I’ve missed any!!)
The full line-up was:
• Keith Crampton in “Soul Town Shaker” (nice to see Keith running consistent 10’s)
• Pete & Rob Brown in “Wrathchild” (some great burnouts from the lads!)
• Andy Murphy in “B-Sting” (two identical runs in competition!)
• Lee Hartnell in “Metal Mistress” (great to see Lee and Mark making progress with the tune!)
• Mark Coulsell in “Ballbreaker” (great set of 8’s over 150 and consistent again)
• Philippa & Mark Turton in “Bitchcraft”/“Legion” (Mark ran well Saturday, Philippa improving again)
• Michael Kenway in “Grease Monkey” (began Sunday well with a good mid 10)
• Gina Durrant in “Tiki Munki” (great and emotional weekend for Gina and the team, lots of love)
• Terry Clifford in “Ratcatcher Resurrection” (another strong performance from our Tel!)
• Phil James in “Rampage” (a few gremlins which the team worked hard to sort)
• Ian Coulsell in “Adventure Before Dementia” (strong PB before breakage, team happy with the 12!)
• Steve Bingham in “Sneaky Blinder” (great looking team package, improved performance!)
• Alan Lloyd in “Gonzo the Great” (fantastic burnouts, dry hops and wheels up launches & 8.3’s!)
• Neil Ward in “Andromeda” (improving throughout the weekend into the mid 8’s!)
• Callum Swinchatt in “Przym Altered” (back from repairs, improving throughout, great car!)
• Didier Canicave in “Folie Douce” (welcome Didier and Francoise all the way from France!)
• Chris Manning in “The Villain” (awesome looking car, great runs and hairy runs!! Best of luck!)
• Skippy in “Cheap Thrills” (a couple of cherries, but really enjoying the racing, great team!)
• Darryl Howells in “Chemical Reaction” (more improvements for Darryl, running strongly)
• Andy Stones in “Stoned” (back from a clutch breakage, great progress in the 10’s again!)
• Jim Tanner in “Shindigger” (strong start on Sunday, and several 9’s again)
• Robert White in “Happy Daze” (some teething troubles, but glad to be out racing)
• Steven East in “Ellie’s in Trouble Now” (first event of the year, finished with a strong mid 9)
• Matt Fuller in “Oblivion” (great runs and into the 9-second bracket, well done team!)
• Tom Davis in “T.D.’s Slingshot” (took a second off his PB and broke the ton twice!)
One of the special and moving moments from the weekend, was at the end of racing on Saturday when Gina took Scottie’s ashes for one more ride in the “Tiki Munki”, releasing them from the chute at the 1/8 mile, exactly according to one of his wishes. Another fitting tribute to a great man who we all miss and loved so much. Race in peace, Scottie.
Commiserations this weekend go to Michael Kenway who had a transbrake breakage, Ian Coulsell and Steve Young who had a flywheel breakage, Didier suffering with fuel pump problems, Chris Manning with the front axle breakage, and to Robert White with a minor breakage. Hope they can all be repaired real soon and be back out racing!
Highlights of the weekend included the really big field of great quality cars, some great matchups, all the fantastic cars and people, and most of all, a fabulous show from the whole Wild Bunch!!
It was a great ‘Nostalgias’! Thanks again to everyone at Shakey for all their hard work and perseverance. They did their very best to get as much racing in as possible. Many Congratulations to all those who ran great PB’s at the weekend and all our prize winners! Well done to all the Wild Bunch teams, who put on a fantastic show again this weekend. Very impressive! A brilliant group of cars and people!!