Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LIAM
WB Member

United Kingdom
78 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2007 :  23:49:09  Show Profile
bill passed away recently,he was the original instigator of my chevette funny car.he will be sorley missed by all the vauxhall fans around the world. rest in peace brother.. liam and steve maltby.

STILL SHOVIN IT....

Ant
WB Member

137 Posts

Posted - 26 Sep 2007 :  08:30:41  Show Profile
Would just like to add something to this Liam.

What seems like 100 years ago now, and as a little lad, I went with my father to a Vauxhall Dealership promotional evening in Sheffield My father had sponsorship from this dealership, he was rallying at the time.

At this function was Gerry Marshall with Big Bertha, some of the castrol rally Chevettes, James Hunt, just after his world Championship, and BILL BLYDENSTEIN.

I remember going round all these famous people and asking for autographs. When I asked Bill, has asked me why I wanted his autograph as he was "only the engine tuner" I remember replying that without him the others would be nowhere, so in my mind he was probably the most important man there. I remember he took a bit of a shine to me and showed me and my Dad all sorts of developement work that was on display at this do. Hardly anybody was paying much attention to all these bits that Bill was working on, and he was genuinely thrilled that a little lad was interested in his work. What a nice man........RIP Bill.

Thanks Liam
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Wild Bunch Forum Archive © The Wild Bunch Nostalgia Drag Racing Club Go To Top Of Page