Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

crazy2
WB Admin

United Kingdom
1127 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2017 :  16:07:44  Show Profile
Hi folks,

Here are the brief results from the “Festival of Power” at Santa Pod 14th – 16th April, with a full writeup and results to follow as soon as we can!

The Wild Bunch had 5 teams competing at the 3-day event which was the start of our 22nd season! The weather remained dry almost all of the weekend, and we had 4 qualifiers, and the full set of eliminations were completed.

The Top 4 were:

1st Place: Tom Hawkins in “Time Traveller I”
2nd Place: Bob Hawkins in “Time Traveller II”
3rd Place: Terry Clifford in “Ratcatcher Resurrection”
4th Place: Callum Swinchatt in “Przym Altered”

Here are the Spot Prizes that were awarded:-

#1 Qualifier: Terry Clifford in “Ratcatcher Resurrection” .046
Best Reaction (on Race-day): Tom Hawkins in “Time Traveller I” .162
Closest to Dial-in: Tom Hawkins in “Time Traveller I” .004 off
Best Appearing Car: Callum Swinchatt in “Przym Altered”

Highlights of the weekend included: being back racing after the long off-season with a small but fantastic group of cars and racers!

Full Entered Lineup:

Terry Clifford in “Ratcatcher Resurrection” – great #1 qualifying position and improving runs
Phil James in “Rampage” – improved ET’s throughout the weekend
Callum Swinchatt in “Przym Altered” – welcome to the Wild Bunch to this new team with a fabulous period perfect looking Topo
Tom Hawkins in “Time Traveller I” – ran well first time out in MSA competition with a string of PB’s
Bob Hawkins in “Time Traveller II” – overcame problems and ran well with new big block Chevy debut

PB’s at this event:

Callum Swinchatt in “Przym Altered” – 10.355 / 124.88
Tom Hawkins in “Time Traveller I” - 7.554 / 170.43

Congratulations to all the teams on their achievements! All the Wild Bunch teams would like to thank the great track crew, marshals and officials at Santa Pod for all their hard work at the event, as always! Well done to all the Wild Bunch teams, who did themselves proud! Many thanks to all 5 teams for their support of this event so early in the season!

Full report posted as soon as we can!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Wild Bunch Forum Archive © The Wild Bunch Nostalgia Drag Racing Club Go To Top Of Page