Posted - 02 Jul 2018 : 18:03:51
| Hi everybody
Here are the brief results from the very summery ‘Summer Nationals’ at Santa Pod last weekend, 30th June & 1st July.
The Wild Bunch had a total of 6 teams participating in the event. The weather was really hot throughout, though a nice breeze helped! Every team got 3 qualifying runs in on Saturday, with the last one just scraping in before the extended curfew! All eliminations were completed on Sunday. Huge thanks to all the marshals and officials and everyone at Santa Pod for all their hard work again this weekend, especially in the hot conditions!!
The winners were:
1st Place: Phil James in ‘Rampage’
2nd Place: Darryl Howells in ‘Chemical Reaction’
3rd Place: Steve Field in ‘Black Pig Too’
4th Place: Terry Clifford in ‘Ratcatcher Resurrection’
The Spot Prizes were:
#1 Qualifier: Phil James in ‘Rampage’ .033 off
Best Reaction: Phil James in ‘Rampage’ .132
Closest to Dial-in: Phil James in ‘Rampage’ .016 off
Best Appearing Car: Callum Swinchatt in ‘Przym’ altered
Big thanks to Team Ratcatcher for sponsoring the trophies and Springbridge Direct Ltd for sponsoring the prize money, much appreciated!!
The full line-up was:
• Philippa Turton in ‘Bitchcraft’ (huge well done to Mark for getting the gearbox out, repaired and back in after a lot of hard work, and late arrival Friday night and massive Congratulations to Philippa for very competently earning her MSA licence and taking part in her first elimination round! Well done team!!)
• Terry Clifford in ‘Ratcatcher Resurrection’ (great runs and a real close matchup with Phil in the first round to achieve a Top 4 placing)
• Phil James in ‘Rampage’ (#1 qualifier on the last round and a great performance in the final with his combined Best Reaction and Closest to Dial on that run)
• Callum Swinchatt in ‘Przym Altered’ (beautiful looking car, some wild runs, and then a fantastic PB by half a second in the first round of competition!)
• Darryl Howells in ‘Chemical Reaction’ (good strong runs and a great final round appearance for our very own Wing Commander)
• Steve Field in ‘Black Pig Too’ (fantastic strong burnouts, great runs and two amazing PB’s Sunday, now in the lower half of the 8’s! Many congrats to Steve & Lesley for the strong performance and Top 4 placing!)
• Callum Swinchatt in ‘Przym Altered’ 9.459
• Steve Field in 'Black Pig Too' 8.432
Highlights of the weekend were the great weather, getting all the rounds in, and a small but excellent group of cars and teams! Fantastic performances by everyone! And of special note, our Harley Coulsell made it to the Semi Finals in a field of 25 Junior Dragsters, by some great bracket racing! Well done Harley!!!!!!!!
Thanks again to everyone at Santa Pod for all their hard work as always! Well done to all the Wild Bunch teams for putting on a great show!