Where did all the flags go ?
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

freqmikey
WB Member

176 Posts

Posted - 18 Jul 2010 :  00:00:03  Show Profile
y'know the ones ...the one supporting the myth, no...not Robin Hood, the other fella ...they were everywhere a couple of weeks ago ...but now ???
Did they all stop being patriotic when the footballers disgraced themselves then ? ... and more in line with our hobby, Did people really go home early from the Nostalgia Nats to watch the footie !!

Barry
Non-Member

393 Posts

Posted - 18 Jul 2010 :  08:12:31  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by freqmikey

y'know the ones ...the one supporting the myth, no...not Robin Hood, the other fella ...they were everywhere a couple of weeks ago ...but now ???
Did they all stop being patriotic when the footballers disgraced themselves then ? ... and more in line with our hobby, Did people really go home early from the Nostalgia Nats to watch the footie !!

I wish there that many St. George Crosses flying from cars and bedroom windows every April 23rd to celebrate our country's patron saint!Instesd they only come out when a bunch of overpaid clothes horses and car collectors/crashers come out to kick a ball about.
The pairing lanes sure went really quiet about 15.00 on the Sunday at the Nostalgias.

You don't stop doing things because you get old..
You get old because you stop doing things.
Go to Top of Page

freqmikey
WB Member

176 Posts

Posted - 18 Jul 2010 :  09:12:12  Show Profile
I always give myself the day off on April 23, it should be a national holiday imho, and most years I go to Shakespeare's house to sign the visitor book (it's his birthday on the 23rd)... I have done for years now..
As usual, both at the birthplace and the grave, on the day the majority of visitors were foreigners...I kinda make a point of noticing that stuff - This year was particularly cool because there was a Pakistani band playing outside the house to celebrate the birthday of Ikbhal, an Asian poet - my knowledge of ol-Shakey tells me that he would have loved that for the irony alone...but the gloomy faces of the passers by told me a different sorry tale
I cant be doin with part time patriots - I'm proud to be British, regardless of the football !!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Wild Bunch Forum Archive © The Wild Bunch Nostalgia Drag Racing Club Go To Top Of Page