Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

crazy2
WB Admin

United Kingdom
1127 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2015 :  11:13:56  Show Profile

Displaying at the Santa Pod Junior Dragster Day

Long-time Wild Bunch member Kev Roberts has written to us with the following invitation:

I have been asked by Santa Pod Raceway to organise and co-ordinate some cars for a special 1-day event at Santa Pod Raceway - the 3rd ‘Junior Drag Racing Funday’ on Wednesday 26th August 2015. It is:
"A celebration of the next generation of drag-driving talent where existing Junior Drag Racers, aged 8 to 17, from all over Europe will compete with their fellow racers for crowd honours."
This is a FREE ticket entry day for all. The Fun Day will raise funds for Milton Keynes-based charity Emily’s Star.

In 2013 2,500 attended, in 2014, 4,500 ! This year....?
I believe, as do you, that it’s very important to get the next generation of drag racers involved in our hobby, and nothing, especially in the "digital age" beats the sight, sound and sheer Wow factor of the real thing !

This is an ideal free day out during the school summer holidays with lots of other attractions, monster truck rides, stunt motor cycles, dodgems, facepainting, etc .

It would be fantastic if Wild Bunch members could bring some cars along for the day. I have a separate parking area (on tarmac, not grass) organised. Please contact me direct to pre-book (to ensure a space in the display area on the day).

PS. Great news, static fire ups AND demo runs are allowed, obviously not ýtaking too much time from Junior racing, so to a fixed schedule, so if volunteers can say what they are willing to do on the day, we can book slots in the schedule.

Details are on: http://www.santapod.co.uk/e_junior_day.php and http://www.emilysstar.co.uk/

Please contact Claire on claire@backdraftdragracing.co.uk and she will pass on my details for you to contact me or me to contact you.

Cheers, Kev

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Wild Bunch Forum Archive © The Wild Bunch Nostalgia Drag Racing Club Go To Top Of Page