5th Place: Rob White in ‘Happy Daze’ .2845
[Plus the other 3 finishers to complete all 3 rounds without redlights were: 7th - Jim Tanner, 8th - Ollie H-Smith and 9th - James Auld].
Best Reaction (in the rounds): Pete Brown in ‘Rebel’ .0855 (Great stuff!)
Quickest E.T. of the event: Alan Lloyd in ‘Gonzo the Great’ 7.920 (also fastest with 165.49 mph) (it was a great honour to have British Drag Racing Hall of Famer Dad Ian being a part of the Wild Bunch and crew-chiefing for Gonzo and still in strong competition after well over 40 years in drag racing!)
Congratulations to ‘Crazy Chris’ who won the ‘Best Wheelie’ trophy overall for the whole of Dragstalgia, for his spectacular ‘4 wheelies in one run’ on Saturday!
Well done to Chris Manning who ran some great numbers in ‘The Villain’ slingshot, a 7.07/202 on one run and 7.16/201 on another in the Cannonball Shootout class. But huge commiserations to him and the whole team, as after his last run, he tagged the wall after the chute deployed. Once again the rescue teams were quickly in to action and after the medical team gave him a quick checkup, he was back in the pits. So good to see him and Tania come along for our WB prize presentation, and to see he was a-ok, apart from some bruising. We hope there is not too much damage to your beautiful car Chris. Best Wishes to you and the whole team! Commiserations to Bob Hawkins and team also running in that class with Bob’s blown nitro ‘Time Traveller II’. Bob had several problems during the weekend with the new combination, so hopefully he will soon get a handle on those and be out running quickly next weekend in Wild Bunch at the ‘Summer Nationals’. Commiserations also to Leo Knight who had issues with parts in his 7-second ‘Knight Rider’ altered. Hopefully he can sort this and be back out racing soon!
9.449 / 142.60 (a string of PB’s reducing his previous best by over 2½ seconds!!!!)
Ian Wild in ‘WildCat’ 12.592 / 105.54 (taking nearly 1¾ seconds off his previous best checkout passes!)
- WB 50: Kev Whiting in ‘Tip Top’ (2 years since their debut, Kev and Judy had a great weekend with some strong runs and really enjoyed their racing back with the Bunch, running near the PB’s)
- WB 51: Jeff Morris in ‘Malibu Express III’ (Jeff and Sharon and the team had brought their awesome slingshot out for the first time since last Hot Rod Drags. The team spent all weekend going through the car, testing things and making sure everything was right; sadly a couple of minor fuel leaks prevented them from running. Sharon looked great in some flowery dresses and the car looks incredible so it was a shame not to seem them run! Better luck next time folks!)
- WB 55: Alan Lloyd in ‘Gonzo the Great’ (Alan had a good weekend running some strong 8’s and eventually a 7-second pass for quickest and fastest of the Bunch!; It was great to meet his new wife Rachel, on her first full event with Gonzo in the Wild Bunch; the car sadly suffered some (hopefully minor!) damage on the second run Sunday, so hope this is indeed minimal and the team can be back out soon!)
- WB 59: Callum Swinchatt in ‘Kings N/W’ (Callum made some strong passes throughout the weekend, but the team had to leave early on Sunday, as they only lived a couple of miles from something big going on at Wembley that night!! The car looked awesome as usual with great burnouts and launches!)
- WB 90: Tim Roy in ‘Boston Straggler’ (2 years since his WB debut, Tee improved the performance of his great Jag-powered slingshot, running his first 11, first 10 and then first 9!!) Wow!)
- WB 98: Robert White in ‘Happy Daze’ (the team had some fab new crew shirts in sky blue with all different messages on each crew’s shirt; Rob’s partner Sarah looked fandabbydozy in her period correct 60’s outfit!; Rob improved his runs all weekend and the team had a great time! Great to see them in the Top 5!)